Special Weather STATEMENT in effect for:
Bridgeport Mayor Joe Ganim wins re-election following primary controversyPosted: Updated:
Moore beat Ganim initially in the primary, before absentee ballots put Ganim over the top, leading to a lawsuit challenging the results.
"It is as equally humbling today, as it was four years ago, and as it was when I was first elected in 1991," Ganim said.
Power & PoliticsMore>>
- The other states to postpone are Maryland, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana and Ohio.The other states to postpone are Maryland, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana and Ohio.
- The General Assembly shuts downs for two weeks as Gov. Lamont declares a public health emergency.The General Assembly shuts downs for two weeks as Gov. Lamont declares a public health emergency.
- Health officials say hospitals statewide are prepared and ready to treat the virus.Health officials say hospitals statewide are prepared and ready to treat the virus.
- Elizabeth Warren was huddling with her campaign advisers Wednesday to determine if there was a reason to stay in the race after her Super Tuesday wipe-out.
- Billionaire Mike Bloomberg has ended his bid for the Democratic presidential nomination and has endorsed Joe Biden.
- Bridgeport Mayor Joe Ganim testified for a new casino at the same time Gov. Ned Lamont announced he's backing a competing plan Tuesday.
- A ban on religious objections to vaccines is now one step closer to reality. We take a closer look.A ban on religious objections to vaccines is now one step closer to reality. We take a closer look.
- Westport finance veteran Ryan Drajewicz is out as Gov. Ned Lamont’s chief of staff.Westport finance veteran Ryan Drajewicz is out as Gov. Ned Lamont’s chief of staff.
- A new proposed bill unveiled in Hartford Wednesday could clear most misdemeanor and low-level felony convictions of formerly incarcerated individuals after seven-years.
- The state Legislature failed to vote on adding tolls to state highways. Gov. Ned Lamont responds -- and pumps the brakes on his controversial toll plan.
Connecticut Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- Gov. Ned Lamont said Sunday that there are an additional 399 cases of coronavirus in Connecticut, bringing the statewide total to 5,675.
- Home testing for the new coronavirus may sound like a good idea, but U.S. regulators say it’s still too risky.
Bridgeport woman calls on prison officials to release her children's father early due to the COVID-19 outbreakA Bridgeport woman is calling on state prison officials to release her children's father early during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The coronavirus is taking away many events, but one girl’s birthday was saved thanks to a group in Monroe.
- Queen Elizabeth II offered support to a country locked down in the coronavirus pandemic, promising the nation that it would rise to the challenge and overcome the outbreak.
- A tiger at the Bronx Zoo has tested positive for COVID-19, according to a statement issued Sunday by the Wildlife Conservation Society's Bronx Zoo.
- The Hammerheads thought they would be chomping up the field by this time and never thought their first competition would be a waiting game.
- A Bridgeport church held a special service Sunday in memory of four people connected to the congregation who have died due to complications from COVID-19.
- The state Department of Energy and Environmental Protection has announced new measures at Connecticut state parks.
- As of Sunday morning, the number of people infected in the U.S. has climbed to more than 300,000 and deaths in the country have topped 8,400.
- The 1,000-bed hospital ship will help ease the burden on local hospitals amid the coronavirus outbreak.
- From doctors and nurses to firefighters and police officers. From grocery store workers to news media and beyond. There are many who work hard to keep things running, keep us informed and keep us safe.
- Whatever the reason is, News 12 wants to see photos of what you're doing to keep busy during the coronavirus pandemic.
- There are no rainbows without rain, right? Well, one might say it's been pouring lately. But a strong and growing group on Long Island is spreading color and positivity with a rainbow movement.
- As people work from home and avoid large gatherings, areas that are normally packed with people have suddenly become nearly vacant.
- These photos capture scenes around the world as countries cope with the outbreak.These photos capture scenes around the world as countries cope with the outbreak.
- Check out the performers during the three-day Mountain Jam 2020.Check out the performers during the three-day Mountain Jam 2020.
- Did you just get engaged? News 12 wants to celebrate with you!Did you just get engaged? News 12 wants to celebrate with you!
- News 12 Connecticut wants to announce your wedding.News 12 Connecticut wants to announce your wedding.
- It's a celebration! Is your or a loved one's birthday coming up? Let us know! Send us your photos and you could end up on air and News12.com!