Flash flood watch in effect following powerful thunderstormsPosted: Updated:
The intense heat is coming to an end after an oppressive stretch, but it won't leave quietly.
A massive storm pounded Long Island Monday with heavy, dousing rains and flooding. Showers and strong to severe storms produced flooding rains and lots of thunder and lightning.
There is a flash flood watch in effect for northern Nassau until Tuesday morning.
Tuesday will be mostly cloudy with heavy rain and thunderstorms likely in the morning. Showers will linger into the afternoon but will eventually taper off. It will be much cooler with highs in the mid-70s.
The rest of the week is expected to be dry, sunny and warm.
MORE: News 12 Weather Center
- A second vaping-related death in New York has been confirmed amid a call for an immediate ban on all e-cigarettes and vaping devices.
- A new supercomputer-run weather model will issue trillions of pieces of weather data every day, offering fast and super hi-res forecasts.
- Security experts say hackers may be able to access personal information on your phone. Cybersecurity manager Matthew Pascucci says a software research firm called Checkmarx found a flaw in Samsung and Google phones.
- An accident has shut down Nicolls Road in both directions at Route 347.An accident has shut down Nicolls Road in both directions at Route 347.
- Town officials in Huntington say the fire department erected a radio tower without the proper permits, and neighbors claim the project was done without their knowledge.
- A philanthropist from West Islip made an $11,000 donation to Long Island Cares Wednesday – an agency that helps approximately 1,300 veterans across Long Island.
- Ambassador Gordon Sondland declared to impeachment investigators Wednesday that President Trump and his lawyer Rudy Giuliani explicitly sought a "quid pro quo" with Ukraine, leveraging an Oval Office visit for political investigations of Democrats.
- Bombace said he worried if he cooperated with the federal investigation, something could happen to his children.
The submissions were narrowed down to the Top 30. Now, News 12 Digital needs your vote to select the Top 3!
- A limited quantity of Cheese Nips has been recalled in the United States.A limited quantity of Cheese Nips has been recalled in the United States.
- Photos from the public congressional hearings as part of the impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump and his administration's dealings with Ukraine.
- This week's dogs are up for adoption at Ruff House Rescue. The shelter is located in Oceanside. Their phone number is 516-306-4998.
- Shoppers can start their holiday shopping on Black Friday at these retailers.Shoppers can start their holiday shopping on Black Friday at these retailers.
- Looking for a place to listen to some music or see a local play? Here is a list of concert venues in the Tri-state area.
- The 2019 performer lineup for Madison Square Garden.The 2019 performer lineup for Madison Square Garden.
- Here's a look at some of the most highly anticipated films coming out this year.Here's a look at some of the most highly anticipated films coming out this year.
- Did you do something fun with your kids this weekend? Share your adventure with us!Did you do something fun with your kids this weekend? Share your adventure with us!