Excessive Heat WATCH in effect for:
Residents say loud music on Waterbury Avenue kept them up at nightPosted: Updated:
Music was playing so loudly in one part of the borough early Monday morning, and some residents say it caused them to lose sleep.
Cellphone video taken at the intersection of Waterbury and Seabury avenues shows a group gathering and blasting music around 1:45 a.m. Monday.
Residents as far as a mile away say they could hear the thumping of the music and that the vibrations kept them up at night.
Police were called, but the party had mostly dispersed by the time authorities arrived.
The partiers say they've spent thousands of dollars on their sound systems in their cars and should be able to enjoy their hobby. They said they do understand the noise issue and are hoping to find an isolated area where they can play their music without disturbing anyone.
The music enthusiasts and neighborhood members say they're now working together to set designated hours and locations for playing music, hoping to find a solution that sounds good to everyone.
- N12 Bite has your fast five headlines and weather, exclusively on News12.com.N12 Bite has your fast five headlines and weather, exclusively on News12.com.
- Rain will continue to hit the region Thursday.Rain will continue to hit the region Thursday.
- Heavy rain Wednesday caused some living in the Bronx to wake up without power today.Heavy rain Wednesday caused some living in the Bronx to wake up without power today.
- Students are getting a head start on their futures with a special program at St. Joseph's School for the Deaf in Throgs Neck.
News 12's Kristie Reeter and money expert and podcaster Jamila Souffrant discuss when and how parents should start teaching their children about credit.
- Here's a look at what's going on this weekend in The Bronx.Here's a look at what's going on this weekend in The Bronx.
- Sex assault charges dropped against Kevin Spacey
News 12 The Bronx wants to announce your wedding. If you were married in the past 90 days, please submit your photos via Twitter or Instagram using #JustMarriedBX.
- Here is the 2019 lineup for SummerStage in Central Park.Here is the 2019 lineup for SummerStage in Central Park.
- Looking for a place to listen to some music or see a local play? Here is a list of concert venues in the Tri-state area.
- Are you heading to the USA women's soccer team's World Cup victory parade in New York City today? We want to see your photos!
- Family photos of Lesandro "Junior" Guzman-Feliz.Family photos of Lesandro "Junior" Guzman-Feliz.
- Are you looking for some outdoor fun and adventure this summer? Or maybe you're just thinking up some ideas to help the kids cool off in the summer heat? The tri-state area has a handful of water parks that may do the trick.
- The 2019 performer lineup for Madison Square Garden.The 2019 performer lineup for Madison Square Garden.
- Here's a look at some of the most highly anticipated films coming out this year.Here's a look at some of the most highly anticipated films coming out this year.
Looking for some excitement this summer? Check out some of these thrilling and extreme roller coasters, all located in the tri-state area.
A guide to the national park sites and trails on Long Island, Connecticut, New Jersey, New York City and the Hudson Valley.