Officials: Yacht caught fire after grill went up in flames in Norwalk

Posted: Updated:
NORWALK -

A cellphone video shows a yacht fire in Norwalk that started because of a grill fire, officials say. 

The boat caught fire Wednesday night near Sunset Grill.

The video was taken by a bystander. 

The fire department says a propane grill at the back of the 80-foot boat caught fire, sending thick smoke billowing into the air.

A police officer dining at the Sunset Grill saw the flames and helped evacuate the vessel.

No one was hurt.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."