Bronx kids sent to hospital after drinking spoiled milk in school

Some Bronx parents were greeted with bad news when they picked up the phone Tuesday afternoon. Thirteen students from St. Nicholas of Tolentine School were taken to North Central Bronx Hospital when they felt sick after drinking spoiled milk.According to some other students, the children all drank chocolate milk at lunch and felt sick soon after. Some students also say the school often serves expired milk. At about 2:30, school officials called EMS, and at least one student was vomiting by the time EMS officers arrived.As parents arrived at the hospital, most expressed concern for their children's health and safety, but they were also pleased with the way the school handled the situation. The pastor of the school says all the parents of the sick children have been notified, and a letter will be sent out Wednesday to all other parents explaining what happened.Hospital officials say they aren't certain what exactly caused the children to get sick. All the students are currently in stable condition.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."