Carbon monoxide poisoning kills three Morris Heights residents

(11/22/03) MORRIS HEIGHTS - Three people are dead and one in critical condition after what police say is a case of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Authorities say a 54-year-old woman, a 26-year-old man and a 2-month-old baby girl were pronounced dead after police found them inside 1708 Popham Avenue. Emergency workers discovered a gas powered generator that may have omitted the carbon monoxide fumes. Police sources tell News 12 The Bronx Con Edison turned off power to the house in the last 24-hours. Officials say that having a generator inside the home is extremely dangerous.

The fourth victim, a a 19-year-old woman, was taken to Saint Barnabas Hospital.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."