Fire rips though Hunts Point apartment building

Three days before Christmas, four Bronx families are homeless after a two-alarm fire rips through an apartment building in Hunts Point. Fire officials say the blaze started in a sixth floor apartment and spread to three others on the same floor. One of the residents says he was boiling water on the stove to stay warm, but he fell asleep and the pot boiled over. He says he had to use his stove as a heater because his landlord hasn't been giving his family enough heat. The building management company has not return phone calls for comment.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."