Bronx man found trapped under debris at his Morris Avenue apartment
A Bronx man was found trapped under debris Monday in his apartment.
Fire officials say Patrice Moore was trapped under tons of debris, which included hundreds of books and magazines he had collected. Neighbors at 1991 Morris Avenue found Moore after they heard him screaming. They say he was stuck in his apartment for two days and when they found him he was dehydrated and hungry. Moore was taken to the hospital. Fire officials say he suffered serious injuries.
The incident also prompted fire officials to evacuate tenants at 1991 Morris Avenue. Fire officials say the building had faulty sprinklers and had no second way out. Now the tenants are not allowed back to their apartments until the landlord fixes the problems.
The landlord says he will do his best to make the repairs as quickly as possible.