A 1-year-old Bronx boy apparently drowns in bucket used for leak

A family is mourning the death of their 1-year-old baby boy. Malik Uceta apparently drowned in a bucket used to collect water leaking from their kitchen ceiling.The incident happened Thursday on University Avenue in the Highbridge Section of the Bronx. The boy's grandmother found him unconscious around 4:35 p.m. in a five-gallon bucket filled with water. He was pronounced dead at Bronx Lebanon Hospital about an hour and a half later.The bucket was on the kitchen floor to catch water that was leaking from a bathtub in the apartment upstairs. Now the baby's mother says she's angry with the building's management company.News 12 The Bronx called the management company but there was no answer. The super says he couldn't fix the leak because it would have required the water in the entire building to be shut off.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."