Baby remains critical after fire rips through a Mott Haven apartment

Fire officials are investigating a blaze Tuesday that injured two children, one critically.

The fire broke out Monday night at a Mott Haven apartment on E. 146th Street. The grandparents and parents of the children were rescued by firefighters. The family's 14-month-old boy is listed in critical condition, while the 18-month-old girl is now back home.

The family believes faulty wiring may have started the fire, but officials are still investigating. The family is now staying in a vacant apartment next door until their apartment is renovated.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."