FEGS building on Jerome Avenue evacuated after carbon monoxide found

The FEGS building at 3600 Jerome Avenue was evacuated Friday after high levels of carbon monoxide were detected.

According to a Bronx fire chief, a contractor doing some underground digging cut some cables, causing carbon monoxide to seep into the building. Firefighters evacuated the building.

The fire chief says that no one was hurt and the building will remain evacuated until the carbon monoxide levels are back to normal. Officials say Con Edison is also working on the problem.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."