Carbon monoxide mystery has one Soundview woman living on edge

Firefighters and the management of a building in Soundview have a carbon monoxide mystery on their hands following complaints about detectors repeatedly going off in one apartment.

Darcel Morgan says she has received three detectors from her building superintendent. She says all three have beeped continuously within the last week. Fire officials say the first two times they were called to the apartment they found the carbon monoxide at a dangerous level. But Morgan says the third time the levels were normal, and when the firefighters left the detector started beeping again.

The buildings management says its investigating where the carbon monoxide is coming from and why the detector continues going off.

Fire officials say detectors go off for various reasons, including low batteries. They say residents should try to keep windows open if detectors dont work so carbon monoxide levels do not get high.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."