Parents at P.S./M.S. 95 concerned after student dies from flesh-eating bacteria

Bronx parents at P.S./M.S. 95 say they are concerned for their children after a student at the school died from a rare and mostly non-contagious bacterial infection. Ten-year-old Nathera Masou died last Friday from Grade A Streptococcus, a flesh-eating bacteria. Health department officials say students do not need to take any special precautions to avoid infection, but doctors do recommend that they wash their hands frequently. Many parents say they are confident in the safety and cleanliness of the Bronx school. Others say the school does not always keep restrooms well sanitized and sometimes there is no soap for students to use. School administrators will hold a meeting Wednesday to answer any questions and concerns.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."