P.S/M.S. 95 parents question doctor about flesh-eating bacteria that killed student

Fears of a deadly bacterial outbreak at one Bronx school brought parents together for an informational meeting Wednesday. Ten-year-old Nathera Mossoud died last Friday from Grade A Streptococcus, a flesh-eating bacteria. Parents want to know if the bacteria that killed the P.S/M.S. 95 student is contagious.Parents and students met with a doctor who assured them there was nothing to be concerned about. The doctor said that the virus, contracted by Mossoud, is rare and only transferred through open wounds. Mossoud's grandfather said the girl had a skin condition which created open wounds, making her susceptible to the bacteria. The family isn't blaming the school for the incident.

Related story Parents at P.S./M.S. 95 concerned after student dies from flesh-eating bacteria

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."