Firefighters investigate three-alarm fire at Pelham Parkway apartment

A three-alarm fire ripped through a Bronx apartment building injuring 10 firefighters and a tenant. Members of the Castillo family, who live in the Pelham Parkway apartment, say they called the building?s management after they saw lights flickering in their bedroom, hallway and bathroom Monday. According to the Castillo family, Chimienti Management Corporation sent over an electrician who changed a light bulb and after he left they smelt smoke and a few minutes later the fire started. Other tenants say they've had problems with electricity in their apartments and wiring needs to be updated. Chimienti Management refused to comment about the electrical work or the fire.The Red Cross is working to find temporary shelter for the families who had to be evacuated. Firefighters say electrical problems might be to blame and continue to investigate.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."