Hunts Point first-graders get nauseous on field trip to the Central Park Zoo
A trip to the Central Park Zoo was cut short for some Hunts Points first-graders and a teacher who got nauseous on the bus.
One of the five school buses had to return to Hunts Point after a teacher became ill and vomited. On the way back, many of the students also became nauseous. Nineteen of the P.S. 75 students were examined at Lincoln Hospital.
The fire department and hazmat teams inspected the bus but found no evidence of defects. Officials also say there was no indication of carbon monoxide or other noxious gases. Medical examiners found no evidence of food poisoning in the students. Hospital officials say the students didn?t suffer any other symptoms other than nausea.