Hunts Point first-graders get nauseous on field trip to the Central Park Zoo

A trip to the Central Park Zoo was cut short for some Hunts Points first-graders and a teacher who got nauseous on the bus.

One of the five school buses had to return to Hunts Point after a teacher became ill and vomited. On the way back, many of the students also became nauseous. Nineteen of the P.S. 75 students were examined at Lincoln Hospital.

The fire department and hazmat teams inspected the bus but found no evidence of defects. Officials also say there was no indication of carbon monoxide or other noxious gases. Medical examiners found no evidence of food poisoning in the students. Hospital officials say the students didn?t suffer any other symptoms other than nausea.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."