Fire in the Bronx leaves 28 homeless

A fire that broke out in an apartment building on Cauldwell Avenue has left 28 homeless.

Residents say Saturday night?s blaze was caused by an electrical fire inside one of the walls. However, officials say an official cause has yet to be determined. Residents say firefighters had to tear apart seven apartments trying to pinpoint where the fire was. Tenants say this is their building?s second fire in the past four months.

The 28 homeless individuals are staying in two different hotels. The Red Cross says the victims will meet with a caseworker to assess the damage.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."