Kingsbridge family remembers children that died a year ago in fire

A Kingsbridge family spent Friday remembering the children they lost in a deadly fire one year ago.

Officials determined the fire was caused by an electrical problem. The children?s mother was badly burned in the blaze. The Sanclemente family has sued the city for $10 million. They claim the fire department was delayed in responding to the fire because firefighters were visiting a nursing home. Fire officials say there was no delay in responding to the blaze.

Meanwhile, the Sanclementes have been working to fix up their home. They do not know whether they will move back in. However, they say they want the home to be safe for whoever does move in.

Related Stories: Father of kids who died in Kingsbridge fire plans to sue FDNY Fire in Kingsbridge leaves child dead and his mother, sister in critical condition

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."