Parents charged after Norwood toddler is scalded in bathtub

A Bronx toddler is recovering from burns after being scalded in the tub and police are holding the boy's parents responsible. The mother and stepfather of the 2-year-old have been charged with endangering the welfare of a child. Police say the boy suffered severe burns over 40 percent of his body after Genarro Marino, the boy?s stepfather, placed him in a tub of scalding water at his Norwood home. The parents are accused of waiting six days before taking the toddler to the hospital, allowing the burns to get infected. News 12 The Bronx contacted the Administration for Child Services (ACS) to see if the family had a history of abuse. ACS officials said they do not comment on individual incidents in order to protect the family?s privacy.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."