Fire drives Bronx family from home

A Bronx family was left homeless Saturday after a fire roared through a sixth-floor apartment.

Fire official say the blaze started on the sixth floor of 2300 Loring Place, where an 11-year-old boy was home alone. The boy ran out as soon as he saw the flames.

Three firefighters sustained minor injuries and were treated at North Central Bronx Hospital. A neighbor believes the fire started in an incinerator. Fire officials are investigating.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."