Bronx residents want answers from Con Ed after many power outages
Most of the power that was lost last week in some Bronx neighborhoods has been restored and now residents are demanding answers from Con Edison.
Crews were out in full force last week to restore power, but many residents dealt with outages for several days. A traffic light was still out Sunday on Creston Avenue and East 182nd Street. Residents in a Creston Avenue building also say the gas has yet to be turned back on. Many residents say they are frustrated and worry they could lose power again. Many wonder why the system isn?t checked before the summer begins.
The CEO of Con Ed says he is confident the company will be able to deliver power to Bronx customers. He adds Con Ed has been spending more money than ever to update its power system, however, he couldn?t promise the power won?t go out again.
Meanwhile, a Con Ed worker says the gas can?t be turned on at the Creston Avenue building until crews have access to every apartment. The landlord is currently helping workers get into each apartment.
Related Information:Nearly 500 Con Ed customers in the Bronx left without power