Six people injured by two-alarm fire at BX apartment building

Bronx residents were temporarily forced out of their homes Thursday night by a two-alarm fire.Officials say the fire started in a third-floor apartment on 196th Street. They said they think someone knocked over a burning candle. Four apartments were affected by the fire, but officials say there was no major damage. Six people reportedly suffered minor injuries.Residents were allowed to return to their homes once firefighters had the blaze under control.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."