'Eyesore' Bronx home collapses in blaze

A blaze at a Bronx home with a sketchy past sent smoke and flames billowing into the air Sunday before the building collapsed.

Neighbors said the fire started around 10:45 a.m. in a decrepit Loring Place home that only recently acquired a tenant. According to residents, the man, who moved in about two months ago, used a wood-burning stove and space heaters.

A neighbor said he warned the tenant that he needs to find another way to heat his home during the harsh winter weather.

Residents claim the owner has been neglecting the property and only checks in on the building twice a year.

Fire officials say no one was injured.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."