Quadruple amputee claims ceiling collapsed on him

A quadruple amputee claims his building's poor condition led to the hallway ceiling collapsing on him Saturday.

Byron Breeze, who completed a triathlon last year, said all his training never prepared him for the shock he received while leaving 625 Jefferson Ave.

"I opened the door. I let the chair down the steps and then when the door closed, I was like in the middle of the corridor," Breeze said. "That's when I just heard a cracking sound and everything just got dark."

Breeze claims bricks, plywood and cement came crashing down on him. According to the tenant, contractors had recently been working on the ceiling.

The management company has not returned calls for comment.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."