BX woman frets over health in soot-filled apartment

A Bronx woman is worried her soot-filled apartment will affect her family?s health.

The resident, who lives in a building on Mandia Street, says she noticed the soot on the wall in her television room in October. She says when she notified her superintendent, nothing was done.

The woman says a few weeks ago maintenance men came to her apartment to investigate the situation. She says they assured her the soot was not coming from her boiler or her chimney.

The woman says her white walls still have a black tint to them. She is now worried about the affects of the soot on her two young children?s health.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."