Firefighters battle blaze at Gerard Avenue building

More than 50 people were forced out of their homes after a fire at a Bronx building.The blaze broke out Friday morning at 815 Gerard Ave. According to authorities, three people suffered minor smoke inhalation. One of the victims was a firefighter.Firefighters say the blaze is now under control.Witnesses say they believe the fire started in a grocery store below the building.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."