Morris Park teen bitten by snake

A teenage girl was bitten by a snake that slithered into her Morris Park home early Tuesday morning.

Michelle Do, 14, says she woke up in her second-floor bedroom at 2138 Tomlinson Ave. to discover the snake coiled around her arm. The green-and-white reptile then bit her.

Doctors say Do was bitten by a garter snake, which isn't venomous. She is expected to be fine. The serpent was later killed by firefighters.

A spokesperson for New York City Animal Care and Control says garter snakes are fairly common in the Bronx and are considered harmless.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."