Riverdale building evacuated after fire

Authorities say a Riverdale building was evacuated Monday after an electrical fire.

Emergency officials say at least five people were treated for minor injuries when 255 Fieldston Terrace was evacuated due to high carbon monoxide levels. Assistant Fire Chief James Esposito says a city contractor working on sewers accidentally pulled on low-voltage power lines going into the building, which sparked the fire.

All of the building's tenants were allowed to return home after about three hours, authorities say.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 5 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login, create an account or subscribe to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."