Riverdale tenants without heat after fire

Dozens of Riverdale residents were left without heat and gas following an electrical fire in their building on Fieldstone Terrace Monday.

Officials say a contractor working on sewers hit a power line that sparked a fire in the electrical panel at 255 Fieldstone Terrace. One apartment was completely gutted, and at least five people sustained minor injuries.

Tenants say the fire also damaged the boiler that supplies the building's gas, heat and hot water, leaving 77 families in the cold and without the ability to prepare meals.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 5 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login, create an account or subscribe to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."