Gas leak at school a false alarm

An odor of gas prompted a full evacuation at St. Lucy's School Friday afternoon but the smell was a false alarm.

Approximately 300 students were evacuated after staff members reported smelling a gas leak. The principal says she didn't want to take any chances.

Consolidated Edison Inc., investigated the building and found no evidence of a leak.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 5 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login, create an account or subscribe to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."