Toddler OK after ceiling collapses

A two-year-old girl was rushed to the hospital Wednesday morning after part of the ceiling in her 1040 Grand Concourse apartment collapsed.

The toddler, Diamond, was treated for minor cuts and scratches at Lincoln Hospital and released hours later. Her parents say there was no indication that something was wrong with the ceiling.

This is the family's second safety concern. They moved into the apartment last week after the little girl suffered lead poisoning from another unit in the same building.

The super says the collapse may have started from a broken radiator that was leaking water from the above apartment and believes the building is safe for tenants.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 5 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login, create an account or subscribe to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."