Maintenance worker's death mourned in Bronxdale

Residents of a Bronxdale community center are mourning the death of a maintenance worker killed yesterday in a propane explosion.

Investigators believe 38-year-old Joseph McLendon was killed while cleaning a barbecue grill at the Comprehensive Care Management Center on White Plains Road.

Patients of the community center are not being allowed back in until an engineer inspects the building.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 5 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login, create an account or subscribe to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."