Residents taken to hospital from heat-related illness

Several residents at an apartment complex in the Bronx were taken to the hospital after power went out in their building.

The building at 1271 Morris Ave. lost power on Saturday. Management was able to partially restore power but residents were unable to use their air conditioners.

Some residents suffering from chronic illnesses had to spend the day in the emergency room.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 5 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login, create an account or subscribe to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."