Morrisania electrical fire sparked by overheated wire
A blaze broke out in Morrisania leaving several children injured and apartments damaged severely.
Fire officials say that an accidental electrical fire was sparked when a wire overheated, setting the entire apartment into flames.
According to the fire department, the fire started around 3 a.m. in the bedroom and spread rapidly around the entire apartment.
There were five people rescued from the third floor and the flames were able to be controlled. However there is a significant amount of water damage.
Repairs could take up to a month.