Maid sues Strauss-Kahn over NYC hotel encounterPosted: Updated:
(AP) - A hotel maid who accuses ex-InternationalMonetary Fund boss Dominique Strauss-Kahn of sexual assault suedhim Monday, seeking unspecified damages as a result of what shecalls the "violent and sadistic" attack in a room at the upscaleSofitel hotel.
Lawyers for the maid, Guinean immigrant Nafissatou Diallo, wrotein the lawsuit that Strauss-Kahn "intentionally, brutally andviolently sexually assaulted Ms. Diallo and in the processhumiliated, degraded, violated and robbed Ms. Diallo of her dignityas a woman."
The lawsuit says Strauss-Kahn injured her shoulder, bruised hervagina, tore her pantyhose and violently grabbed the back of herhead during the attack.
The lawsuit, filed in state court in the Bronx, accusesStrauss-Kahn of acting like a common criminal afterward, fleeingthe midtown Manhattan hotel so quickly that he left behind tracesof his semen, along with bloody tissues.
"In his haste to flee the scene of a crime, he rushed out ofthe hotel with toothpaste smeared on the outside of his mouth andwas looking over his shoulders," the lawsuit said.
A lawyer for Strauss-Kahn didn't immediately respond to phonemessage seeking comment on the lawsuit Monday.
Strauss-Kahn, widely seen as a potentially successful Frenchpresidential candidate before his May 14 arrest, was pulled off aplane and detained hours after Diallo reported she was attacked. Hehas pleaded not guilty to charges of attempted rape and othercrimes. He and his lawyers have called a series of interviewsDiallo conducted in recent weeks "an unseemly circus" designed toinflame public opinion.
Strauss-Kahn, who's 65 and married, resigned his IMF post afterhis arrest. He was freed from house arrest last month afterprosecutors said publicly that they had discovered facts that castdoubt on his 32-year-old accuser's credibility.
Maid accusing ex-IMF chief of sexual assault thanks supportersBronx maid emotional about alleged DSK hotel attack