NTSB: Tour bus not hit before fatal Bronx crash

Federal inspectors have found no evidence that acasino tour bus was struck by a tractor-trailer before it crashedin The Bronx last month, killing 15 people. A preliminary report on the crash was issued Friday by theNational Transportation Safety Board. It says the bus was going 78 mph about 45 seconds before thecrash. The speed limit at the crash site is 55 mph. Police said the driver, Ophadell Williams, told them his bus wasclipped by a tractor-trailer, which forced him to swerve and crash.Williams' attorney didn't immediately return a call for commentFriday. The bus ran off Interstate 95 on March 12 as it was returningfrom a casino in Uncasville, Conn. It tipped overand slammed into a pole that sheared it nearly end to end. AP wire services contributed to this report

Sen. Schumer calls for audit of tour bus drivers

Ceremony held in the Bronx for 15 killed in tour bus crash

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 5 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login, create an account or subscribe to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."