Residents: Mold causing health issues in Mott Haven houses

Residents in the Mott Haven houses say floor-to-ceiling mold in apartments is becoming hazardous to their health.

Residents in the Mitchell Housing complex say several of them have developed allergies or asthma-related conditions from the mold. They say the mold is covering walls, ceilings and floors throughout the building.

The building currently has 15 open building violations. Frustrated residents say they need to get rid of the mold before it becomes worse.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 5 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login, create an account or subscribe to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."