Fordham fire leaves several out in the cold

A small fire has left several people struggling with the bitter cold in Fordham. 



The flames broke out on East 193rd Street, damaging one apartment at around 5:30 a.m. Thursday. 



One victim says the fire blew out some windows, letting the freezing weather inside, but no one was injured. 



Tenants believe it was an electrical fire, but officials have not yet determined the cause. 


sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."